Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Glamorama

Some big stuff has gone down recetly, including my first day of work, yesterday, which involved me getting in the car on time only to find it INFESTED with ants, me getting stopped for the crossing of the entire Morehouse College football team, all half-naked and glistening in the morning sun, and me getting lost in downtown Atlanta on the way home. (Note: Atlanta is not designed on a grid) But none of this compares to Sunday, the day of my first Atlanta-based celebrity sighting: Chili from TLC.

Traci and I were shopping in the produce section of Whole Foods, when suddenly she piltoed me over to the oils and said "That woman in the white, don't look until we're away". I thought some bitch was causing trouble or looking crazy, so I didn't even get it until Traci started to sing that godawful song "Waterfalls". Then I caught on and started gaping liek a carp.

One thing to note: Chili is teeny-tiny. She can't be more than 5'2", and pretty thin, but way shapely and just as beautiful as she looks on TV. I was really impressed by that. I was more impressed when Traci overheard her telling her son "We'll get that at Kroger".

Traci and I were all excited about this, because we make separate Kroger and Whole Fods lists too. And Traci even got to talk to her, saying "Thank you" when Chili moved her cart out of the checkout line so that Traci could get by.

She left right after us and we joked about following her to find out what car she drives and where she lives, but didn't, of course. Then we went to Kroger to do our cheap shopping. As we got out of the car, we started joking about Chili being at Kroger too, and how we felt so close to her because she does cheap shopping too. I even comented that the lesson was just like the lesson in "Friday After Next" (which we watched on cable the day before), "We're all different, but we're all the same."

We went to that Kroger because it has a Starbucks in it, and I was fading too much for a Sunday afternoon. When we walked in, I bolted to the coffee stand, but stopped short when I hear Traci hiss "She's here! She's here!" of course she was. After we got our coffee, we tried like Hell to avoid her. At first I wasn't embarrassed for her to see us, but once we were about to follow her down the bread row to get bagels, I got a little freaked. It's a coincidence to see us at the same two stores in a row, but there was no way I wanted to put off that much of a stalker vibe. I chickened and made Traci get salad dressing first.

Apparently alot of musical celebrities live in Atlanta, including Sir Elton John. That one surprised me. I mean, I knew about Usher, but Elton? Hmm, maybe Traci and I should try the Whole Foods in his neighborhood.

2 comments:

Spacebeer said...

For awhile I had my commute to work perfectly timed with the morning run of the UT track team -- all black running shorts and no shirts running in formation. It almost made the alarm in the morning something to look forward to...

jackpot said...

Boo Boo, Chilli from TLC has two Ls. That's because I love love her.