Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On the Road


So back in October, before Sparkle died and I temporarily became completely opposed to the world of blogging, I had to travel to Palo Alto, CA for work. My partner (work partner, you dog) and I flew into and out of San Francisco in a whirlwind three-day trip that had me totally stressed because Sparkle was at the vet, then with a sitter, during that time, and because on both 5-hour flights I had the middle seat. And on the way back they showed . Pure. Torture.

But the King Institute at Stanford is pretty cool, as is the campus itself. The museum has a shitload of Rodan's, including the "Gates of Hell", as seen above.

We did stay at a really nice green hotel, the Stanford Terrace Inn, that has, along with all organic products and environmental filters in each room, also has tinted skylights in the bathrooms, so that you can wake up to a pleasant pink glow rather than pitch black. Also, awesome cedar decks completely landscape with flowering plants, so the air smells amazing.

All of Palo Alto smells amazing. It's lovely, but far too clean for me., which is why, In December, I was happy to travel to Boston for three days. Ah the filth of that city and it's inhabitants! I'll have to save that orgy of excess (and believe me, when someone else is paying, I am all over the excessive behavior) for its' own post, as that was one that needs a lot of description.

I'm headed over to Traci's (still my only "real" friend; although I have made some tentative friends) for chicken mole and beer. More later, sorry for not posting in forever.

4 comments:

jackpot said...

Welcome back. Come visit. V and I have two different couches you can choose from!

Courtney said...

Yes, yes, yes. The next time that I have the cash and Delta runs ATL-JFK for under $100, I'm making a mini-trip to your pad Daddy-O.

jackpot said...

eff that noise. I'll kick in the extra $19 myself. And then you can make me breakfast.

eva said...

i second that idea - brooklyn misses courtney!