Sunday, March 1, 2009

Really Georgia, really?

It snowed all day today. I had to have a stranger help me push my truck when I got stuck in Lynn's parking lot. Because driving was so crappy, I ended up walking a bunch of places and I realized that I have no clothes for this weather. I feel like everything I own (including me) is damp and cold. The snow mostly stuck, and if it's still there tomorrow morning, it means that AUC will close and I don't have to work. Snow day!

As of this writing, it looks like a lot of the snow has already melted. Yesterday, it was 64 and I had all of my windows open. I walked somewhere and had to take off my jacket because it was too hot. This is the parking lot of my apartment building. My place is actually on the right. I love it, but in this weather the parking lot is ridiculous to navigate.


This is why a truck is a pain in the ass in the snow. All it is is empty space that collects weight. That's about two inches of snow by 4 o'clock today. And I'd been out and about most of the late morning/early afternoon, so it's not as much as actually fell.

2 comments:

jackpot said...

SNOW DAY

Courtney said...

Yeah, I ended up not getting one. The AUC was closed until 11 am, but the library was on 24 hour operations for midterms, so my ass was at work at 8 o'clock. There's still snow on the ground...it's pretty cool.