Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The End of the Affair

Oh my God! Is it real? Can this be happening?

Many of you may have heard stories about my newish upstairs neighbors and their epic fights. Fight topics include:

1. His laziness
2. His "ugly ass baby" with "that bitch"
3. His pot smoking
4. How the stuff they fight about is stupid. Really, they fight about their fights.

Today (I'm home sick and the fighting has interrupted my essential daytime sleeping every morning) there was a big blowout about how he lives with her, but loves another woman. Yeah, that seems like a pretty important problem right there. Anyway, she told him to call up Tyrone and not to come back, 'cause he ain't her boyfriend no more! Is it real? Will there really be no more fighting?

Hmm. It seems now that he's been kicked, she's on the phone with every one of her friends, yelling about the break up. I'm not safe yet...

In other, blog post related news, I recently watched both versions of "The End of the Affair", based on the Graham Greene novel of the same title. Despite the newer film having semi-nude Ralph Fiennes in some decently raunchy sex scenes, I vote for the older version. It's far more melodramatic, but it's more linear, which works well for those of us with short attention spans, and it stars the God of All that is Holy and Good, Van Johnson. Praise his name.

(Apparently VJ is still alive in a nursing home somewhere being crotchety and making all of the staff hate him. Can this be verified?)

In other non-blog post related news, I got a second job! A friend of my boss owns a pet-sitting company, so starting next week I'm going to get payed to play with other people's cats and dogs. Considering I love animals and need all of the money that I can get, I consider that a pretty sweet deal.

No comments: