Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Prep

So it turns out that I'm an uppity little joiner. I decided to take part (if the big guys will let me) in the Cannonball Read. It's a quest to read 100 books in a year, and I'm a little late, as it started in September.

I've been journaling the books that I read for years, and I do contribute reviews to both GoodReads and LibraryThing, so I'm not sure why I didn't get involved in this earlier. I do love a challenge.

Another reason that I'm getting involved is my own hubris. I love to show off, and I keep getting annoyed reading other people's reviews on Pajiba. I keep thinking "I could do that" and "I read two books this week"! I'm so damn uppity...

I leave for Austin in the morning and trivia starts in an hour, so my first review won't come up until I get back. It'll be of Walter Mosley's Blonde Faith, which I knocked out while on vacation this week, as I was deciding to join the challenge. I solonly swear that I will not cheat.

1 comment:

Spacebeer said...

Yay book reviews! That quest is mighty tempting... And why aren't we Goodreads friends? We must figure out how to make that happen.